What We Inspect
Our program has been designed to assure you a thorough, easy to understand overview of the conditions of the home you are about to purchase. Buying a home is not something you do every day and we provide the information you need for peace of mind.
- Assure the inspection of and report on, over 400 items
- Assure the inspection delivers a detailed report to you before we leave the house
- Assure the inspection points out major and minor deficiencies to give you the complete picture on your new home's condition
- Assure the inspection identifies any major expenditures coming up so you can budget these potential expenses
- Assure the inspection identifies any potential safety hazards present
- Assure the inspection shows you how various systems work
- Assure the inspection reviews and explain the conditions found
What Does a Typical Home Inspection Cover?
- Grounds: Grade relative to drainage, yard drains, walks, driveways, patio slabs, dangerous trees or limbs, fences and gates, outside faucets and retaining walls.
- Exterior: Siding, trim, paint and caulking, fascia, soffit, eves, porches, stoops, decks, railings, doors, windows, garages, garage doors and openers.
- Roof: Material, type, style, flashing and penetrations, skylights, gutters and downspouts.
- Attics: Rafters, joists and other framing members, roof decking, water penetration, ventilation, insulation and access.
- Foundation/Basement: Walls, floors, moisture penetration, cracks and signs of settling, joists, girders, columns, subflooring and insulation.
- Electrical: Service entrance, grounding, main and sub panels, ground fault protection, circuits, receptacles, switches and safety concerns.
- Heating: Unit manufacturer, model number, serial number, general condition, operation, energy source and approximate age.
Plumbing: Water supply, well pump, water shutoffs, pressure, piping and support, insulation, water heater, waste water disposal, venting and fixtures.
- Interior: Rooms, floors, walls, stairs, doors, windows, smoke alarms, major appliances, safety concerns.
- Fireplaces: Fire box, flu liner, chimney condition, safety issues.
Other Services Available:
- Radon testing
- Water Quality Testing
- Lead Paint testing
- Swimming Pools and Spas
- Pre-listing Inspections
Dutchess Home Inspection LLC is located in New York and serves Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, and Putnam County. Cities served include Poughkeepsie, Beacon, Carmel, Kingston, Newburgh, New Paltz, Marlboro, Highland, Rhinebeck, Millerton, Pawling, Millbrook, Hopewell Junction, Wappingers Falls, Fishkill, Pleasant Valley, Brewster, and Mahopac.ΔTop of Page
Call Us Today